Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What is your "out the door price"
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2015 Thread Starter
beetlespin
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumble View Post
If you take X-Plan pricing and add the NAV, Shaker Audio and Enhanced Security, you get my selling price within about 20 bucks.

Spent 4 hours negotiating the price. Selling price was 36,550 (with the $500 rebate) + sales tax on the difference between my trade which had a LOT of equity + Title and License. OTD was $37,700 (give or take a couple of bucks and some change).

I went on a slow, rainy Saturday when all the salesmen were standing around. I got quotes from 5 different dealers on similarly equipped cars. I picked the car that had been on the lot the longest, and it also had 500 miles (it had been driven from a dealer across the state). MOST of the negotiating was spent on my trade, but I knew there was room.

I finally told the sales manager - "We're just too far apart and it's 3:30 - it's time for beer and playoff football" and then put my coat on - he then went back to his office, came out in about 60 seconds and said "you win." I stuck around 20 more minutes and did the paperwork - and then drove my old car to the bar I was meeting friends at to watch the game. And hour and a half later, the salesman showed up at the venue to deliver the car and pick up my old one.

Sweet deal. Great service. Sam Pack Ford in Carrollton, TX.

Great story......If you do your homework (which takes time) and stand your ground you can get a great deal.

2007 Black Mustang GT Premium Coupe (SOLD)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome