Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2006 Mustang GT radio replacement advice
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2015 Thread Starter
MerlinsGT
Apprentice

Well this is what I decided to get
I got a Kenwood KDC-X798 single din radio, Why less distraction on a double din it looks cool and all that but if I were to buy one I might as well go out all the way and get navigation and all that but then more $$$$ then I want to spend on a radio!
I got that metra 70-5521 harness plug and the metra 99-5812 dash kit.
Then I got two 7805 voltage regulators from norvac in salem Oregon at $1.50 each
these are for the stock ford amps for the door subs
I got a American Legacy 1000 watt 4 channel amp I plan on using on the pioneer TS-A6885R speakers I got to replace the stock speakers
I also got a NVX XIV2F V-Series: 2-pack of 1 Male to 2 Female Y-Adapter for the sub splitter to also connect a Planet audio 1000 watt amp to run two kicker 10" comp 500 watt subwoofer
I also got a boss wiring kit, two 12' rca cables
then I built a custom subwoofer box this I made out of plywood I know most use that particle wood but this box I made will be wedged up next to the rear of the back seat in the trunk
and I made this to be a very very tight fit so if will not move once it is pressed into that spot
I got a pic but I do not know how to post it here
as of using plywood vs particle wood???
I also got 12' of audiopipe hwy 836 9 strand speaker wire dam this is some heavy incased wire
Now the next days off it will be install time

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome