Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Thoughts on matte black stripes???
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2015
gManTexas
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by foozer View Post
Yeah, thats kinda why I want to paint them :/
How long have you had yours and how are they holding up?
I'm thinking they have been on for several years, they were already on when I bought the car used. The stripes were put on professionally, both on the hood and rocker panels.

The car was a garage queen and the guy really took car of her.

I did a lot of research into taking care of the matte stripes and I use Aerospace 303 on them, which also works well on the black plastic fascias in the front and back of the car.

http://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR-Aerospace-Protectant-Trigger/dp/B00KN0UOEE

Anyway, the stripes still look great, a few swirls and slightly faded, but that only shows up when the car is needing to be detailed. This is in central Texas where we get tons of hot sunny weather. The major problem I have is that they literally add an extra hour to detailing the car between treating them and avoiding them with wax on the painted parts.

Painting on your stripes is the way to go, however, I'm not sure how "matte" you can get them. Maybe plastidip or bed liner material, LOL!

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome