Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Thoughts on matte black stripes???
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2015
xarius
PONY Member
S197 Member

Stick with the vinyl. I've had my matte black stripes on for two years now, and it's holding up extremely well. I wax over them as I go, and have had no ill effects. The only downside to the wax is you'll have to go back over all the inner and outer edges with a detail brush to get the leftover dried wax out. Kinda of a pita, but hey. I don't think (personal opinion) that painted on stripes would have the same look and texture as the vinyl. Replacing and/or removing vinyl is cheap and easy. Changing your mind on painted on stripes... not so much!

Also, don't use microfiber cloths on them when they are hot, such as out in the sun at a car show. When the stripes get super hot, they get very soft. Even gentle rubbing when hot can leave scratches in them. Ask me how I know!

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome