Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Which Long Tube Headers with FM Outlaw Axel Backs
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2015 Thread Starter
Lava12
Apprentice

Garage
My install is complete. I installed the 1 7/8" BBK headers, BBK catted x pipe, left the stock 2.5" cat back on and ended up deciding on FR GT500 mufflers instead of the FM Hushpowers. Oh and a Bama 93 Octane race tune.

I had an issue with the front driver side O2 sensor (bank 2 sensor 1). I kept getting an error code. When I did the install, the O2 extension harness wouldn't snap into the stock harness properly (this is the one that is hard to get at right over the side of the tranny. I ended up pulling the the wire off of it loom that connected to the frame above the transmission and it gave me enough slack to eliminate both harnesses and connect directly to the headers.

No check engine light, perfect tone I was looking for with no rasp or drone (none). But the GT500's quieted it down a lot. I am think of removing the stock cat back that has the resonators and possible going to an off road H pipe.

Here is a sound clip

2012 Mustang GT Premium: Shaker 1000 audio, Lava Red Metallic, BBK long tube headers, BBK High Flow catted x-pipe, GT500 mufflers, MGW race spec shifter, JLT CAI with 91 octane BAMA tune, J&M rear LCA's, Roush front grilles, GT500 rear spoiler, more to come

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome