Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How best to launch Mustang with manual transmission?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2007 Thread Starter
jmanpatsfan
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack View Post
At the track, I launch at about 2000-2500 RPM and spin a bit. If you don't heat the tires, you will spin a lot, no matter what. Turn TA off, on your dash. If you have 3.31 gears in your five speed GT, I don't know what to tell you about the lag you will feel. Get 3.73s and that will go away.

5TWENTY told me he launches at redline, with his Mickey Thompson drag slicks so if our local track doesn't get sold to the indian reservation, next year, I will buy those. His 60 foot times are 75% of mine. What that means is get bettter tires and you will launch better. Nitto555s are great, I hear but they don't last long.

Here's a video of me... uh... in Mexico... on and island.... where there are no traffic laws. Anyway, I launched at 2200, I think.

Remember Mustangs are famous for power. Not traction
I have 3.55s. So what exactly did you do with the clutch pedal there - that is my main issue.

2007 Black Mustang GT, red interior
Current Mods: C&L CAI, 93 Brenspeed tune, Mac axle-backs, BSM geranium red 10" stripes, Eclipse AVN5510 navigation system, Parrot bluetooth, Sirius radio, 20% window tint, G2 red calipers, 1/4 window louvers, chrome GT4 wheels, 255/45/18 BFG g-Force Super Sport a/s tires
Future Mods: GT500 spoiler, black front turn signals, steeda springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome