Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - TCI 5r55 Super Street Fighter Transmission
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2015 Thread Starter
styx21
Apprentice
S197 Member

TCI 5r55 Super Street Fighter Transmission

Hello People,
I have an 06 mustang GT, Automatic with 4.10 gears. Engine is stock except for CAI and tune. I am planning on replacing the stock 5r55 tranny with a TCI 5r55 super street fighter transmission and wanted to find out if anyone is using this tranny and how it is holding up. I am looking at the super street fighter as opposed to the street fighter version as the former has the heat treated M300 input shaft and billet aluminum servos. Its only $300 more from Brenspeed. The original tranny is just about used up but has served me well for the past 3 years of street/drag use. I can feel little issues creeping up and don't want to push it anymore until I get the tranny replaced. Thanks for any insight or experiences you care to share.

2006 GT, Procharger DX1, 5R55s SuperStreet Fighter, CMDP, Kooks LT headers w/catted H-pipe, FR500S Mufflers, JLT CAI , UPR Adj UCA, J & M Rear Non-Adj LCA, 4.10 gears, PTC Torque Converter, Tranny Cooler, Drive Shaft Safety Loop, BMR Tubular Radiator Support delete, Aluminum Driveshaft, M/T Street Radials

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome