Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Carbotech 1521 pads for the street - are they really worth the money versus others?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2015 Thread Starter
gManTexas
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
If you are only driving the car on the street, NO the 1521's are not worth it. If I had just a street car....I'd probably just stick with stock pads. The stop the car. They last. What more could you want.

The real value of the 1521 comes when you are swapping pads for track events- the carbotech compounds have much more transfer layer compatibility than other brands, so it's not necessary to swap your rotors too, which adds more time, and puts more cycles on all the hardware that holds your brakes together.

Don't get wilwoods for an S197. The OEM Brembo offerings are more than enough brake for 99.99% of S197's out there.
Thanks csamsh, I was hoping you would lend your expertise.

I am probably not going with big brakes, since I really like how Bullitts look on the car, my options are somewhat limited.

So, I should just stick with OEM type pads? Do you have any recommendations for pads that will give me better performance than stock with rapid deceleration and through twists and turns? I'm okay with faster wear.

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome