Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Thoughts on matte black stripes???
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2015
TommyV
PONY Member

I've had vinyl matte black stripes on for a couple of years. With normal use, you are going to get wear and tear. You have to be very careful about removing any stains or dried bug or bird poop. If you don't soak them enough, you'll rub too hard and leave rub mark. A rub mark leaves a slight shine which it noticeable under certain light and angels. I use a detail-er on them with good results.

The rear bumper below the trunk is also susceptible to scratches. I ended up pulling 'em off, taping it, and spraying 'em on with a flat black rattle can. Also I've used a car cover since I've had them and even under windy conditions, they won't scratch.

Here are the sprayed stripes. The match is very close, and when they scratch, I can just lightly sand them and spray again.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome