Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Why is it so hard to shift quickly?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2015
crjackson2134
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu13gt View Post
I have the MGW and it's great. It completely replaces everything related to the mickeymouse stock shifter and it really is what Ford should have built the car with in the first place.

Ive heard good reviews on the blowfish bracket too and it does come with a driveshaft loop built in. But if cost is the concern there really isn't much of a differentlce for anyone who still has the stock shifter since it wouldn't make sense to use the blowfish without upgrading to a better shifter as well.

Most people say just go with the MGW. I can't say for sure but I would be inclined to agree with that since my experience with it is so positive. The install only took 2 hours on a lift taking my time drinking beer and bsing with my best friend for the first time in a year.
Sounds great, what about additional NVH? I bought a '14 GT last month and the wife ended up with it. She complains about the shift under load, and stiff suspension. I told her she picked a car that's meant to be stiff and she'll have to live with that aspect. But if I can improve the shift that would be great.

Friday, I bought another '14 GT for myself (since she took the 1st one). It should be here in a few days (being shipped). I anticipate if shifting just like the first one, so everything I do costs double. I have two cars to support here.

Can the shifter and the blowfish bracket both be done to the same vehicle, or would there be any point in that?

2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome