Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Advanced Track behavior
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2015
freewayflyer
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you have the Brembo/track package the stability control is much more forgiving than the standard system. In sport mode, there's even more "freedom". But, it is quite magical in how it works. If the track is rain soaked, I put the car in sport mode. It saved me from myself on multiple occasions.

Now then, the backend can get loose, but, it won't "fishtail" much. To disable it completely, have the car running, put foot on brake and press the TCS button and hold it down. After about 30 seconds it will display "AdvanceTrak disabled" (or "off" I don't recall).

I will add, when I first started reading this forum, there were several cases of people driving around with AdvanceTrak off and sending their car off the road. The Coyote engine above 4000 RPMs is just a beast. Randomly stabbing the throttle can lead to unplanned adventures. The AdvanceTrak system can be very helpful.

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6MT, 3:31, Brembo, Nav, Comfort pkg, backup camera.
Goodies: GT500 Mufflers, MGW Shifter, DSS AL Driveshaft, Bondra Clutch pedal extension
Tune: Bama 91 Octane V2 Performance Tune
Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda UCA - lowered cars, BMR Adj. Panhard bar
Tires: Continental DWS06 275/40-19
Track Days: Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, 18x10 SVE Drifts with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30
Just for show: Raxiom Smoked tail lights

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome