Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Winter driving
Thread: Winter driving
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2015
matthewr87
MACH I Member

I drove my V6 through three winters and my GT through the past two. All except one of those was what I would classify as brutal. Snow squalls, snow storms, and consistent temperatures below - 15 C for weeks at a time. With winter tires it performs fine, as long as you are a responsible driver and know how to handle a high(ish) power, nose-heavy RWD car in slippery conditions. The main problem is clearance. Once the snow gets too deep you begin to bottom out. Also, if you plan to drive yours on the highway (at high speed) then consider the clear bra to protect against salt/sandblasting, because it WILL happen (if you care about those things). That said, the wife and I bought a second car this year (Lexus ES350), and so the Mustang is going to spend most of its time in the garage. The Lexus is a lot heavier and has a heated steering wheel (and heated seats that actually work). Otherwise I'd still be driving the Mustang.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome