post #34 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2015
daustin
PONY Member

Garage
I feel my auto 5.0 GT lost some oomph

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish fly View Post
Hello All,

I think I did say sometime along the thread that my battery went dead a few months ago, stayed "cold" for about 30 minutes, and then the following days I went through the whole re-learning process of the "keep alive" system.

That's why I haven't gone for the fuse #47 thing.

I am more inclined to consider it a clutch problem, now that I already changed the tranny fluid and verified it did improve a little its performance, but still it doesn't revv up as fast as it used to.

If you guys were to change the clutch of a gt 2012 automatic, which clutch would you go for?

Thanks again!

I don't think you have a very good grasp on things here. You don't have a clutch in the sense that I think you are thinking. There are clutch packs in the transmission, but if those were going bad, the trans would slip. What you are describing is not slipping by any stretch. You say it doesn't rev as quickly as you remember. Maybe your catalytic converter is plugged up??

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome