Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Horsepower- California vs. non-California 2014 Mustangs
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2015
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
The California Special package has nothing to do with selling the car in California. Most CS cars will have a sticker
under the hood just like mine.
I thought for sure at least for the 05-09 body style that to buy a Mustang GT in California that it had to be the California package as it had 4 cats instead of the regular 2.

That is just my understanding though and shoot what do I know I live on the east coast and only know that info as a dealer over here told me that. I take what they say normally with a grain of salt as half of it is them blowing smoke up your butt to make a sell anyways. haha

BUT now you have me really wondering. Maybe we can get some California Mustang owners to provide info on laws and regulations and also maybe even get some California Special owners to chime in and post a pic of their stickers. Would be interesting info to know.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome