Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What type of oil
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2015
FuelforFire87
PONY Member

Personally I would go with a full synthetic oil, I'm a royal purple fan myself but any good synthetic should do the trick (mobil one, castrol, penzoil, etc.) I would recommend a set of ramps or quality jack stands if you want to change your own oil. I like to do my own maintenance when possible because then I know if they really put full synthetic oil in there and that I took the time to make sure I did everything right. Also when changing the oil filter, remember to rub a small amount of new oil around the rubber seal at the top so it seals good when you screw it on. It only needs to be hand tight. You may need an oil wrench to remove the old filter as some dealers screw them on pretty tight.

2014 Mustang GT 6R80, Procharger Stage 2 D1SC, BBK 85mm TB, Boss IM, Sai Li fuel system. Circle D 3C, 1-7/8" Kooks Long Tubes w/Offroad X Pipe, Lethal Over-Axle Pipes, Corsa Quad Axle-Back, Eibach Pro System Plus, BMR K member, Shaftmasters DS, Forgestar CF-5 Wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. Lund Tuned

Lots of suspension goodies and some other stuff I can't remember.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome