Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Horsepower- California vs. non-California 2014 Mustangs
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2015
02_GT_5spd
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amabhy View Post
I also have that sticker under my hood. Mine was originally sold new in South Carolina but the last owner brought it to California where I got it used. You can register a car here that's not Cali-emissions certified and it'll pass smog/inspection but all new cars on the lots have to have the stricter emissions setup. Same deal with the Taurus I used to have- also not Cali-emissions certified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
I guess I'll be looking for that sticker under both hoods just for the fun of it this week. I wish we had a tech. on this board that knows what the real deal is.
amabhy is correct, the only time the Federal vs. California emissions matters is when the car is sold BRAND NEW from the dealer. California compliant cars can be sold brand new in all 50 states, Federal compliant cars can be sold brand new in every state EXCEPT California and New York, however after the initial sale at the OE dealer, both California and Federal compliant cars can be sold/bought/registered in any of the 50 states.

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome