Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Boss 302 Vs 2016 GT Performance Package
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2016 Thread Starter
tamboRL
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BAY View Post
I just went through this, sold my '12 GT with the Brembo brakes for good $$. I loved that car, but she had a lot of miles and it was time. I needed a new daily driver.

I drove a low mileage 2013 Boss and a 2016 GT with PP. both cost the same ($37k). The Boss was fun to drive, and faster in a straight line. (So say the stats) but the ride quality of the Boss was not as good and the interior was not even close to the '16 in quality. The Boss I looked at had a interior on par with a base GT of the same era (except the steering wheel). The '16 is a much nicer place to spend routine time. Plus the details on the '16 are amazing, from hood blinkers to easy to access hill assist and other gizmos (to turn it off), to switches for steering feel and sport and track modes. If you haven't guessed, I went with the '16. I've only had it a few days, but the more I drive it the more I enjoy the S550.

Made up my mind and just got me a 16 PP in Magnetic Metallic. Just can't get the smile off my face.

Thanks for everyone who has given their takes on this. Appreciate it all.

2016 Mustang GT Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Roush Axleback, Ford Racing X Pipe, VOGTLAND SPORT 1.3"drop. Ford Performance Short Shifter, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Steeda Tune. 305/30/20 265/35/20 Nitto NT555 G2
2014 Mustang GT
K&N CAI, BAMA TUNE, Barton Short shifter & Bracket, Roush Axleback, Roush Front chin, Side splitters, Rear splitters. Ford Racing Springs. PP 19x10 rear 305/30/19 PP 19x8.5 255/35/19 ----SOLD----

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome