Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Installing MGW shifter and changing <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym> oil. Can I do it in my garage?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2016
Blackpenguin69
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextas' Stang View Post
Ah okay I see. Only thing I can see being a problem here is I'm using a hydraulic lift to raise the car, don't think there's a way for me to lower the transmission unless I only raise the car to waist level and stick something underneath it. Would that work?

Also check this out, just got this email from Amsoil!?

Will,

Thank you for your question. AMSOIL does not recommend either of these two products to be used in your 2011 Mustang GT manual transmission. They do not meet the performance specification requirements and so we would not support their use in your transmission for this reason. For the TR6060 manual transmission you will want to consider using the recommended AMSOIL Signature Series Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) that meets the Mercon 5 spec requirement. Even though this is a manual transmission, Ford calls for this specification and so the ATF is what we recommend and support. If you have the MT82 transmission AMSOIL does not have a product for you at this time
you don't need anything to lower the transmission. just let it hang there. If you have someone that can just hold it up while you unbolt the support bracket real quick then your good to go. You just don't want the weight of the transmission on the bracket when your taking the support off. But if you do the lower it halfway and stick something under there to hold it in place then unbolt it, that will work to.

there was a thread on the amsoil fluid on svtperformance forum by unleashedbeast. It had something to do with not meeting ford specs to the T so they technically cant claim its for our cars. a lot of people use it though and say it works great.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome