Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Mustang 2015 Fastback V6 OR Fastback EcoBoost
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2016
dgc333
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorstang23 View Post
I think that was a deciding factor for me. The cost of the ecoboost was close to a GT. A V6 was significantly less (mine after deals and cashback was $24k off the lot) and at 300hp is already more than anyone needs unless going to the track or 'playing' stoplight racing. For less than a grand, I can get mine faster then an Eco. (TB & long tubes) $2k if I want to be really competitive with some suspension upgrades and a tune, if that Bama tune comes out and shows its worth the money.
The base Ecoboost is about $7k less than a base GT and is about $1.5k more than a base v6. You need to get the 051A pkg on the v6 at $1000 to be comparably equiped to the Ecoboost so you really are only talking $500 difference.

An Ecoboost with a tune, intake and exhaust is in the 12's and will cost you about $1500. You will need to spend at least double that to get a v6 to the 12's.

The serious Ecoboost racers have their Mustangs deep into the 11's without getting into the engine. There is not the support for the 15/16 v6 to build one that goes that quick so you are on your own to build it at big bucks. You would likely spend enough to be in GT350 money.

Dave

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome