post #14 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2016
Norm Peterson
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bifftws View Post
I don't want to have to do anything to the car to make the front wheels/tires fit. I use the car mostly as a daily driver with the original stock wheels and tires. Not going to do anything crazy with the camber set up. Rather give up a little time in an autocross race than wear out tires driving back and for to work. I guess my question is can I put 18x10 on the front with a 265 or 275 tires without cast/camber plates to make it work? Budget is a huge issue this year with a new house. American Muscle has some pretty decent deals on 18x10 wheels on closeout but they say they are for rear only.
With the right offset, 265/xx on 18x10 should be a no-brainer.

Here's what 265/40-18 (Michelin PSS) on 18 x 9.5 x ET+45 GT500 wheels looks like. There's not quite a finger's worth of space on the strut side, call it about 0.3" or 8mm (which is really a huge amount of room). On 18 x 10 x ET+42 you'd have essentially the same amount of strut clearance and the outer sidewall would move outward by less than 1/4".

FWIW, I'd really rather put 265/xx on 10's but I'd already bought the 9.5's for 255/45's and they'll only see track time if push comes to shove (either run these for the remaining sessions or don't run at all).

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (the "family sedan")
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (the spare and occasional winter driver)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome