Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - oil filter and oil cooler questions
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2016 Thread Starter
replacement
PONY Member

ok so this is an update to oil cooler project. The Mishimoto kit does not come with directions. I knew that when I ordered. In addition no install video is available. Having good mechanical aptitude and experience I went ahead with the purchase. Here is the down side. It is not clear how Mishimoto intended the hoses to be routed. also if you want to use the two ports for senders you are limited as to how you mount the spacer block on the engine. I have read everything I can find on the web about this install on our cars and several people write about the hose length and lack of directions. The mounting of the cooler and the bracket are 100% good. The hosing is pretty silly.

After spending hours working on this I have finally decided to dump the project. In the end I was looking for something very professional and this kit is not that. How do you sell a nearly $600.00 dollar outfit without any instructions? I think I got burned on this one. I will be selling the kit for a loss and re-group. For now I am putting my car back together without the cooler but I did get a different spacer to run the new gauges. I am going to look at the Cool Tech kit. More expensive yes but it is supported by the manufacturer.

Lastly ever notice how if you don't leave a positive review of products a lot of web sites won't post the review? Even if it is honest in content. LOL o'well live and learn. I am only updating to hopefully save someone else that searches about the kit the frustration - This kit is sold as a "direct fit" and the bracket and cooler is that - the rest - not so much. Buyer beware on this one.

Mishimoto Direct Fit Oil Cooler

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome