Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Boss with a few issues. (Newly purchased) Would love help!!
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2016 Thread Starter
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Red Line MTL in the transmission will help too.
Just saw this. Thanks and will discuss with dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
Here is a link to the Boss 302 forum on the SVTPerformance site. I think that these guys have been experiencing the same things. There are more Boss 302 owners at this site.
Any consensus on Boss trans/clutch/shifter issues at this point?

Pete
I will take a look there. Thanks Pete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by replacement View Post
When I buy a used car I Really don't concern myself much with warranty coverage. I consider used perfomance vehicles both two and 4 wheel to be a little bit of a gamble.

Maybe have the dealer put in the new clutch and sell the car and move on. Or have a shop put in an aftermarket clutch and welcome to the family. How much coverage is left on a 2013? I think my 2013 is out or nearly out of coverage. Are you able to do the clutch yourself?
For me warranty is everything. I try not to consider even modding until warranty is out or almost out. I have had many Mustangs so I am not new to Mustangs or performance cars.

I hope a dealer can get the car driving like it should and I can enjoy the car stock or close to it for a while.

Warranty expires in March so next month or around 2,000 miles. So 3yr/36K is about out. It still has some time on the drivetrain though. Clutch is not part of drivetrain from what they tell me it is only covered by 3/36K. So barley covered on that one. THANKFULLY!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome