The actual cost difference between a 2016 Base V6 with 051A Package and a Base Ecoboost is actually only ...
$505.00 MSRP or $237.00 Invoice
To realistically compare the two ... apples-to-apples ... you must ADD the 051A package to the V6 which adds the 18" wheels & Tires, Fog Lights, Power Drivers Seat, and Rear Spoiler that the Base EB comes standard with.
The Base EB also comes with ...
* Diamond Mesh Aluminum Dash Trim (think this is nicer looking than the V6, Premium or PP dash)
* More HP & Torque with a broad flat torque curve that starts around 1500 RPM
* Direct Injection & Twin-Scroll Turbo with 15 PSI Boost
* 3.31:1 Rear Axle (vs. 3.15 on V6)
* Active Grill Shutter System for improved aerodynamics
* 6-Way Power Passenger Seat
* Smart Charging Alternator
* Real possibility of Improved MPG's in my 400 mi/week drive cycle (EPA rating of 22/31 vs. 19/28 of V6)
Definitely worth the extra $237.00 and why I chose it over staying with a V6 !!
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my 2011 V6.
My Stangs ...
1969 Calypso Coral 351W 4V 4-Spd 3.50 T-Lok Deluxe GT Hardtop (owned since '81)
2016 Guard 2.3L Ecoboost 6-Spd MT Base Fastback, 641, 66W, 13D, 47AX O-T-T Stripes (ord 2/11 ~ del 5/23 ~ mine 5/26)
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L V6 6-Spd MT Prem Coupe, 203A MCA & HID's (0-129k mi)
2004 Comp Orange, 1998 Chrome Yellow & 1994 Bright Blue V6 5-Spd Coupes (0-126k, 131k & 89k mi)
1979 Fairmont Futura w/ '85 HO 5.0L, built AOD, 3.27 T-Lok + more (a Stang w/real back seat & trunk)