Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New user - 2015 Mustang Convertible - vibration 60-75
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2016
Cobra_Jet
Rookie

Any Suggestions?

Hey fellas -

New user - but not new to Mustangs, Fords or auto forums. I came across this thread via online Google searching and wanted to add some beneficial info to it regarding driveshaft, drivetrain or driveline vibes or vibrations on the 2015 and 2016 Mustang.

I just wanted to pass along a huge thread that discusses the 2015/16 driveline vibration.

I have a 2016 EB Premium with Perf Pack and I've been having one hell of a time getting the driveline vibe corrected by my Ford Service Center.

I've documented my entire process so far - and others have posted up pics and vids as well from their same issues.

It's ridiculous that Ford does not have a TSB on this, because it's been persistent in not only the 2015 models, but exists in the 2016 models and MY17 will be in production very soon.

I emplore anyone with a driveline vibration to read through the thread to see what actions are being taken by Owners and Ford Service Centers.

Vibration between 50 & 70 mph - Page 54 - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

Some facts for those in this thread:

1) Consumer Reports documented the issue in their October 2015 article and specifically stated the "drive shaft" as being one of the issues with the new redesign (2015) Mustangs.

2) A documentary called "A Faster Horse", about the whole design of the new S550 Mustang has a part in the video where it was also stated about a driveline vibration.

3) There are folks who have lemon law'd their Mustangs, who are currently dealing with Ford Arbitrators, who have Ford Case Workers working as a go between the owner and Dealer and others who have had their vehicles bought back due to the issue.

4) There are numerous instances of folks having various driveline parts replaced due to the issue - however there's no Ford TSB and for unknown reasons the numerous complaints are not being logged in any Ford Systems, nothing is in OASIS and Ford acts as "they know nothing about it". The Ford Service Centers need to contact the 'Ford Hotline' because they too are in the dark and can't get proper direction from Ford.

Thank you,
Phil

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome