Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Power mods
Thread: Power mods
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2016
PMDmustang13
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG-1 View Post
I'm looking at Vogtland springs because I don't want a huge drop and I want to keep the factory rake. 1.2" drop front and rear seems like a good drop for this.

The pan hardbar, which do you recommend? Is this something my local mechanic will be knowledgable enough to not just install, but to adjust properly? Centering the rear axle.
Vogtland Sport Springs for the rear are a larger diameter than OEM. I know this for a fact because mine slightly rubbed. Now this might be because I orientated them based on factory recommendations. They may not rub if rotated differently. If you want Vogtland bad enough I have a set of rear springs I would sell you. Shoot me an offer. I can provide you more information and photos of how I had them orientated, where they rubbed, and show you how you could get more clearance if rotated. They did not come with install instructions. Maybe Vogtland customer service has a recommendation for install orientation. I can't imagine that they have not had other people with a rubbing issue and not have a solution.

Panhard bar is very simple to replace. You could do it yourself if you have even minimal mechanical experience. I am removing my adjustable panhard bar this weekend. I believe it is an Ingalls engineering product. I don't know if I want to get rid of it. But I would recommend BMR for an adjustable panhard bar.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome