Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Boss with a few issues. (Newly purchased) Would love help!!
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2016
KC3333
Apprentice

Glad your clutch issue is on its way to resolution.

I have not had clutch or lockout issues, thankfully. I'd read it was more frequent for tracked Bosses so I didn't sweat it.

I do have the hiss. I looked over the brakes and since it wasn't them, didn't worry about it. I am now out of 3/36, but if it's the diff, perhaps it's still under 5/60. I'll read up. If it's normal, I'll leave it alone. The exhaust covers it up nicely anyway.

In my reading, the biggest disappointment for these cars is how truly ill prepared they were for the track. That didn't bother me since I'm not tracking mine, ever.

I would go ahead and have that hiss/diff checked under warranty, esp. if you've found a willing dealer.

I like bossmustangsonline for lots of owner experiences with the Boss. I pulled the trigger on buying a 1500-mile used Boss (from Ford) after reading the issues (and great experiences) over there.

Think positive. Hopefully your clutch issue is resolved, Worst case: you get the issues corrected under warranty and you sell it at no loss, if you can't trust the car long term. From what I've read tho-you'll have more than a little investment to make the car trackable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome