Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - MT82 shifter "Shim Mod" - Does it actually work?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2016
PMDmustang13
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Don't overthink it. Any decent rear bracket like a Steeda makes a huge difference. I did it all. Bracket, weighted knob, Whitline bushing and MGW arm bushing. They all helped some. Between the bracket and the weighted knob, they helped the most. It wads about as good as any remote shifter will ever get like that.

The shim mod can actually promote misalignment rather than reverse it.

I used this setup to pound out over 100 dragstrip passes. pretty solid, even if the addup was close to what a full shifter would have cost.
Can you provide me more information on the MGW arm bushing? I heard about it over a year ago and I tried googling to find the information with no results. I have done quite a bit to help the transmission shift easier and not miss gears. I still have to really take my time at high rpms to get the shifter into 5th from 4th. And I think sometimes also 3rd to 4th. I wish I would have gone the route of MG race spec shifter now but I don't want to spend more money on a shifter.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome