MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird2012 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I am interested in the warranty aspect. For the future what brand or brands of tunes have a good history of reliability or are trustworthy?

How much more warranty do you have? Also I am currently asking and debating on the same thing of what tuner too use and am actually ordering tonight... I think... I am debating on selling my 06 GT or keeping it is my hold up other wise I would have ordered earlier.

Bama through AM is who I am ordering from if I do it. Bama, Brenspeed, and Steeda are your big three Mustang tuners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Any non-Ford tune will void your warranty, technically, no matter who you get it from or how reliable it is.
Even some Ford tunes are questionable and really depends on dealer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknifetoaswan View Post
That is true, in theory. However, assuming you keep your mods mild, like a CAI and a tune, if you need to bring it to the dealer, you can just replace the stock airbox and re-tune. I was able to swap the CAI back to stock and re-tune in less than 15 minutes, though my S197 was already out of warranty by the time I bought it.

Also, some dealers are mod friendly, and won't make a big deal over things like CAI and tune.

JR
That is actually questionable as they can tell if a car computer has been tuned as it will show it has been flashed. Many threads on this myth. If you tune your car warranty is 99.9% out.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome