Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - BORLA Touring axle-back muffs
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2016
PMDmustang13
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
I really like the note from the stock mufflers. It's the drone at 2k rpm that's getting annoying. I drive the freeways at that rpm (66-74 mph) with the drone and I have to hear it as the engine goes in and out of 2k as I drive around town. I like noise out the rear of the car and NO WHERE ELSE especially the interior! YES I KNOW! From previous threads on this subject it seems that I'm the only one in the world that has a stock drone, so no need to let me know how quiet your stock setup is.... LOL....

I've listened to alot of sound clips and have decided that the Touring would be the best considering my likes and dislikes. One thing I can't stand in a car is an obnoxious exhaust note.

Anyone had experience with this muffler?
If you don't like to hear the exhaust inside the car then my recommendation is to consider adding sound deadening insulation in the trunk and under the back seat to start with. Then possibly on the interior of the doors under the door liners. I believe that Dynamat material might be a good sound insulator.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome