View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Check out my signature for the Mustangs I have owned/own. They are all going to have there own unique issues no matter what you get honestly.

I had 1 of the "unlucky" 2011 5.0 Manual's with whine so loud I literally got asked all the time what type of supercharger and how much boost I was running. I am not kidding here this happened on numerous occasions. I took it to my local Ford dealer and they keep saying it is "normal"... It whined format he day I bought it to the day I sold it at around 36K miles. No really issues just whine.

If you had asked about 2 months ago I would have recommended the 2013-2014 as I was in the market for one, but since buying my Boss 302 I have done hours of research around the many issues I am having and I am finding the 13-14 Gt's share some of the issues like clutch issues at higher RPM's and etc. So really you just need to pay attention to what you buy, follow your instinct on it, and not be afraid to walk away and keep looking as there will always be plenty of Mustangs for sale. Also if you don't know a lot about cars like you said take somebody that does with you or pay a little bit to have a inspection/look over done.

Good luck, keep us posted, and ask any questions you have.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome