Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Track suspension
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2016
PMDmustang13
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85258 View Post
PMDmustnag13, I have picked up a set up of Baer GT 14" 2 piston brakes w/SS lines that were used for only 500miles for half price ($650US). They are the Corvette C5 brakes. I dont know what pads are included with them, but upgrade the pads to a track use pad, have not researched that yet. I have looked at the Vorshlag rear GT500 upgrade and am considering that. Same with ducting, Vorshalg has the backing plates. I have a ton of used 3" ducting hose from my past race cars.
I am not familiar with the Baer GT brakes you mention. I assume they will fit your car without serious modification.

Not sure you would need to upgrade back brakes to begin with. Most of the braking is done by the front in my opinion.

I just installed my Vorshlag backing plates and removed the Carbotech XP-12 compound track pads and installed Carbotech 1521 street compound on centric rotors. The track pads don't have much left. Maybe 2 to 3 mm before the wear groove disappears. I probably wore them out on the street since I only did 2 or 3 track days on them and still learning. New pads had 9 mm thick pads and no wear grooves. I plan to install the front inlet plates and ducting this weekend.

I am sticking to Carbotech compounds. You can use the same rotors with different carbotech compounds. Carbotech Performance Brakes

I have a friend that is going to experiment with the Raybestos compounds. ST45 or ST47 compounds. Apparently Nascar uses ST47. Raybestos Racing Pads - Raybestos Brakes

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome