Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 19" rims width
Thread: 19" rims width
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2016
NoVa5.0
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Only happens at 9.9/10ths of maximum cornering grip so pretty much never a concern on the street, as far as I can tell.

I never could understand why people talk about understeer on the street?

Different story on the track . . . gotta have all 4 tires howling pretty good before any significant understeer shows itself . . . I just can't imagine doing that on the street.

The grip levels front to rear will be very different. In the OP's case, what is 7/10s or 6/10ths at the back, well within grip available, will be 11/10ths at the front, past the grip available.

With 4 Ultra High Performance tires, then under-steer is an issue only when pushing very hard. With All-seasons up front and Ultra High Performance in the rear, the rear will grip beautifully, and the front will plow on straight, at a lower than anticipated speed.

Still, I'm thinking it's not a concern for the OP.

And FWIW, I've experienced under-steer and over-steer on the street. Plus there's emergency situations to consider; having all-seasons on the front just kills braking performance.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome