Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Lower Control Arms--To be adjustable or not to be
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2016
PMDmustang13
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Good point / understood / agreed . . .

Checking my latest alignment, I have 0.07 degrees thrust angle. I assumed that was a good as it could reasonably get. My car is lowered 1.25" in the rear and recentered with adjustable panhard bar.

Should I be concerned / should I try to improve that? (I would need adjustable LCA's to do it).
If the amount of thrust angle is within the ford alignment specification you should be fine. When I had my alignment after lowering the car they could not get thrust perfect without the axle shifted over to one side. So I said center the darn thing for aesthetics and I never noticed a difference. I had fixed poly ends. Now I have adjustable with poly one end. I can definitely hear them but I don't care yet. I am happy with adjustability, especially with other suspension component modifications. Thrust is likely still off some because I have made adjustments and have not been aligned again.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome