View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2016
artisto
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85258 View Post
Planning my suspension build and looking for recommendations from those that run their cars on Road course. What do you run, what do you like about it, what would you change?

I plan to run my car on track 5 or 6 times a year and cars is an occasional driver on street. I am okay with a firm ride but nothing race car stiff. I don't want to spend $3k plus on CO. Height adjustability would be nice. I am planning a watts link, LCAs, camber/caster plates, adjustable sway bars.
I will do all these mods at once.

I have talked to a few shops and had the following recommendations for COs, springs/strut/shocks

ST XTA COs. Seem a bit soft and I can't find any reviews for them on track. Like the price and they come with cc plates.

H and R race springs and Koni yellows. not expensive and one way adjustable. Have read that Konis quality/longevity is inconsistent.

Vorshlag/Bilstein track pro CO. Stiffer spring rates, good reviews, but expensive and non adjustable shocks.

Decisions, decisions...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Check out Cortex, they have a complete system for our cars and you can run huge rubber in the front without any rubbing. It can be on the firmer side for the street, but nothing you can't live with. Mine is a DD and I have the Koni yellow adjustable coil overs all around with their Watts link and it does the job very well. - The Core of Performance

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome