Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Clutch or Transmission?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2016 Thread Starter
PMDmustang13
GT Member

It sure did seem to be a catastrophic failure. No previous signs of slipping. I have always from day one had issues with getting the transmission into some of the upper gears when taking the engine near the redline. I have not adjusted the factory redline rev limiter either. I did accidentally hit the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd prior to the failure so possibly it is all my fault driving a little too aggressive last night?

I am leaning toward a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and pressure plate. The advertisement indicates light pedal effort. I did already take out the helper spring. I am wondering if an OEM slave cylinder will be sufficient or if I need something stronger.

Centerforce Dual Friction Mustang Clutch Kit DF023500 (11-16 GT) - Free Shipping

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome