Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Gonna spring for the Ford power pack!
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2016
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
Yes I've done plenty of gear swaps on cars over the years. In previous years it was a good mod, but not in these cars. There is ZERO benefit on these autos to go from 3.15's to 3.73's. NONE.

So unless you have first hand experience here with THESE cars I would suggest you keep quiet. I do have personal experience here and know FIRST hand the 2011 auto cars do not benefit from a gear change to 3.73's or 4.10's. My 2011 ran low 11's N/A on 3.15's tuned by me.

Yes you're definitely missing something here, the aggressive gearing in the 6R80. Read some of the others comments here as well. They agree with me.
Didn't know I was dealing with someone "all knowing" and that this wasn't America anymore where people can't have an opinion. Let me be the first to say MY BAD... and I AM SORRY I inserted an opinion and former experience in gear swaps.

I feel this thread has escalated more than it should have though and has strayed off topic of helping a fellow form member and is now rather just about arguing and trying to be right...

I will be the first to admit I know more about manual's then autos. As I have owned many Mustangs and majority being manual as nothing against autos, but I don't feel as in control or as one with the car as when driving a auto.

Either way I am leaving the thread as there is nothing to be gained here arguing... Sorry I seemed to offend/piss you off...

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome