Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket Clutch Kits etc.
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2016 Thread Starter
PMDmustang13
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
They are different part numbers. Try the Levittown repair parts site.

BR3Z7B546AE is for the 2013 GT
CR3Z7B546C is for the Boss 302

It wasn't an uncommon swap when the Boss 302 first came out. Clutches bolt up to 2012-up GTs without modification but the 2011s require the 2012-up flywheel.
Thanks for the information. You are correct. I did a little more research and it appears it attaches to the flywheel with 9 bolts instead of 6. I am not sure if the clutch disk itself is different.

I have emailed my dealer's parts department to get a price and confirm the part numbers for that clutch kit. I had already ordered the Centerforce dual friction clutch kit but I guess I can return if I need to. Do you think the Boss 302 clutch kit would be better than the centerforce or equal? I am 2nd guessing myself now.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome