Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 5.0 long term reliability concerns
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2016
Kaantu
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan01 View Post
My Dear - If you are concerned about long term reliability, in my opinion, keep the Audi. Or get a mazda/honda or other Japanese car. A Corvette or Camaro maybe. These Ford 5.0s are good for maybe 37k miles at best before the tick renders them inoperable - read the 50+ page threads where engines have been replaced. Yeah - right after the warranty expires unfortunately Until then, you would need to drive it hard and turn the radio up or get loud exhaust! My wife has a hyundai sonata turbo and no tick. My father in law has a Honda Accord with almost 3 million miles on it! Too many of these dang Mustangs on the road already IMHO. 370z forever!!!! Best Wishes.
Yo Jensen, body this fool.

'07 Mustang GT Premium
FRPP camshafts, C&L Racer, AED dyno tune, 4.10s, BBK tuned shorties, MAC Pro Chamber, SVE axlebacks, SR springs, Eibach struts and dampers, Subframe connectors, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR Adjustable panhard, J&M AUCA & LCA, Camber plates, CMDP, BBK UDPs, Exedy LW flywheel and stage 2 clutch, Hurst short throw shifter, SS brake lines, Window louvers, CDC Shaker scoop, custom hood paint and rear decklid paint. S197 Mach 1 replica?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome