Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 5.0 long term reliability concerns
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2016
scott9050
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHave14 View Post
What an incredibly stupid post. The idea of modestly priced Chevy product like a Corvette or Camaro as any more reliable than a modestly priced Ford is nothing short of a JOKE!!

If the reliability experience with Japanese cars like Accords is any better.......you can bet that the primary reason is found in how they are driven......The epitome of a "A" to "B" point car if there ever was one. My guess is the vast of Accords have never seen their Red line. Any car so very BASIC and BORING is very likely to outlast any car that sees spirited driving.

Today all cars, from all manufactures should easily make 100,000 miles nearly worry free for the big stuff......many will see 200,000 or more.......but to get there they all need maintenance and a reasonable expectation/consideration from the driver concerning how his own driving habits can interfere with these goals.

Go ahead.......it won't be as much fun but BEAT THE CRAP out of an Accord with Power shifts at the track on a regular basis......see if it does any better than a Mustang, Camaro or Corvette.......my guess is it wouldn't.

But really....how would we ever get the data on that one accumulated.....the vast majority of Accords are purchased by the "A" to "B" crowd.......boring car for boring people.
I am 100% sure that the post was sarcasm.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome