View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2016
ew1usnr
PONY Member

Garage
Sport Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX View Post
Car 3 was either a little different from Car 1, or i missed on noticing something on the shifter, the Sport Setting. WOW what a difference that little setting makes. 95 by the bottom of the short onramp, and before i even realized it we had passed 5 exits. Hammering into the gas at any speed it pulled like a rocket no matter where the RPM was. Completely different experience.
Yes, the Coyote V-8 works nicely with the six-speed 6R80E Automatic. This is a quote I saved from off the internet (I do not remember where from) of someone describing the "Sport Setting" on the transmission:

"This transmission really gives the car two distinct personalities and the distinction between the two is fantastic in my opinion. In Normal/Drive the car is quiet, comfortable, easily to putt around town in, and handles highway driving with ease. It provides decent gas mileage on longer cruises and again is very reserved. However once you shift it down in to "S" and use the Sport mode, the car comes alive like some sort of snarling monster. The car growls at you as you take the corners, or cruise through different speeds on back country roads. It "barks" at you when you slow down from 60 - 0 at a red light as the engine braking engages, almost as if the car is upset with you for stopping and always tries to keep the revs right near the sweet spot for optimum throttle response.

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness" John Keats.

Where Mustangs Began: 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Hardtop with a 164 hp Challenger 260 V-8 and a Ford-O-Matic two-speed automatic transmission. "The Wonder Falcon".
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback with a 435 hp Coyote 5.0 L V-8 and a 6R80E six-speed automatic transmission. "Race Red".

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome