Ford Mustang Forum banner

Clear-coat damaged by POS

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  jdmeaux 
#1 ·
So this woman who works in our janitorial department scratched the hell out of the clear-coat on one of my fenders (purposely, I might add) and I'm wondering what my options are in regards to fixing it. It's not horrible (my fingernail doesn't catch on it), but very noticeable. And every time I see it, I want to find janitor lady and dropkick her vulgar, inbred, filthy rear across the parking lot. So in the interest of keeping my job, I'd like to fix the damage. What say you, friends?

One final note: the woman in question resembles Danny DeVito...with a hairpiece. While that's of no relevance, I needed to get that out. Thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to see, how did she do it? I know what you mean with people at work, I have one lady that swings her door and dings everyone around her and if you say anything she comes back with "don't be so materialistic", I hate her!! Not sure how to fix it but I'm sure somebody will have some advice, best of luck.

#5 ·
What also sucks is that it's on our surveillance video, but because of the angle of the camera, you can't actually see her hand on the car: her stubby torso blocked the view. She knew what she was doing. The higher-ups deemed the video "inconclusive" based on that. Absolute suckery.

#6 ·
From what I can see, it looks like that will buff out.

Reactions: freewayflyer
#8 ·
DA buffing with Meguires #83 cleaner/polish on a light cutting pad, and set to a medium speed. It will come out perfectly in a few minutes. Next apply a quality carnuba wax and your done.

If you don't have a DA polisher & don't want to buy one (it's a good investment) you can do this by hand also, it just takes a little longer.

Im not sure why she did this, but I'm constantly having to deal with the misdeeds of others (mostly unintentional) as it apples to my paint. It will drive you crazy if you let it.

Reactions: jdmeaux
#10 ·
Earlier in the day while I was putting tools in the trunk, she came wobbling up to me with her cigarette dangling out of her mouth. I still had tools to put in there, but she reached to close the trunk & I told her "could you please not??"
90% of what spews forth from this woman's pie-hole is gossip about other staff and our patients. How she has not yet managed to drown herself with a HIPAA violation is a miracle. She been talked to about it numerous times. She's mean-spirited, vindictive and disgustingly inappropriate. So, because I made it clear that I did not want or need her assistance, she later took it out on my car.

#12 ·
3rd on fixable. But i'd say it looks like you need compound on that, then follow with a polish, sealent. Definitely invest in a DA
If that comes out, so will your scratches lol. I know its not scratch free, this was just a onestep on my Grandads neglected car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
#17 ·
Yeah, that looks absolutely terrible!....But as mentioned by more then a few, it WILL be able to look as though it was Never there, if done correctly! As mentioned, A "DA" (Dual Action) Orbital polisher with the correct pad is essential though........

Now as to how to "Handle" the "Troll" infestation inside your Companies Janitorial Dept.....Well that is another Problem that cannot and Will NOT be Talked about here!

Sean.

#18 ·
I've had worst scratches than that. 3M Scratch Remover got them out. Put a quarter size amount on an old sock and use a circular motion, like magic the scratch is gone :)

Reactions: Kanistre13
#23 ·
#25 ·
If you don't want to invest in a true DA, you can mess with the Meguiar's DA Power System. It just fits onto a drill and you can buy the individual pad kits that come with the compound, polish, and waxing pads and liquids. I use a DA for the whole car, but the DA Power System is sometimes my go-to for smaller clean-up jobs. But a DA or the DA Power System with off the shelf Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Compound, Ultimate Liquid Polish, and Ultimate Liquid Wax should fix you up pretty easy. You'll also need microfiber towels to remove the stuff once you've worked the panel. If you want to try something really cheap and easy even before you get into all of that, you could try Meguiar's Scratch X. You'll need a couple of good microfiber towels to apply it and wipe it off, but it's easy to hand apply and work a panel with. I was impressed with it after my German Shepherd scratched the tailgate of my wife's Ford Escape!

#26 ·
Looks like something flat was dragged across it, like a purse or jacket. It will puff out with a DA

Next time she starts her gossip, report to your supervisor and file a complaint. That ought to shut her up, AND you get revenge.

Reactions: Kanistre13
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.