Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Brake issue on 2016 Ecoboost
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2017 Thread Starter
Nelsoncp21
PONY Member

Garage
Brake issue on 2016 Ecoboost

I wanted to get some opinions from some more experienced mustang owners. I bought my 2.3L turbo in Aug with 4k miles on it. It was a dealer demo. I now have 13k miles on it and have noticed for the past month or so that when I first start and pull the vehicle out the brakes are squeaking then it goes away. I've also noticed when it's damp outside whether from rain or going through a car wash that the brakes stick a little at first. I mentioned all this to the dealership for them to investigate when I had the car in for maintenance this past weekend. The dealership said they checked the brakes and everything is fine. Said the squeaking might just be some light rust or buildup coming off when I first start out after sitting a few hours. No explanation for the sticking though.
To me this seems like BS as the vehicle is very young and should not be acting this way already. I commute around 70 miles round trip everyday mostly highway so I would think if anything the brakes would be in better condition then similar cars of the same mileage. Your thoughts?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome