Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - paint fading already on 2015 ecoboost, any suggestions?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2017
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
Oh, oh, I just had a light bulb moment. I hand wash this car (don't know why, previous owner wasn't so kind), but car just before this I drove through the car wash every car wash. I had brown on the back. It was worse when I got the car. Anyways, I was wondering was the brown was too, and then one day after a car wash, I dried it right there at the place, and the brown was from the car wash. I don't know if a combination of all the colorful suds made brown, or if it was something else, but I had the brown. After that I started drying it right then and there and the brown area slowly got smaller, but never fully went away. Scrubbing it would of burned the clear coat.

Anyways, if it's the same thing I had, it's from the car wash, and a professional should have no problems getting rid of it.
Interesting! If I remember right the new Mustang trunks seem to collect water as they slope down toward the back window, but just before getting to the edge it slopes back up leaving a nice place for water and the like to collect... hmmm this would make a good place for dirt and whatnot to collect causing the look.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome