Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - CAI/Tune Worth it?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2017
77ricco
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechoh1 View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a CAI/Tune for my 2017 Shelby GT350. I know the benefits and have put CAIs on every other mustang I've had ('85 GT, '97 GT, '11 GT). I have 2 dilemmas about doing it on the Shelby, though. The first is does it really "need" any mods? Before anyone says anything, I know....the answer is YES cars always need mods, but this thing is already stupid fast. The second concern I have is with the tune. Every decent CAI I've seen for this thing requires a new tune. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I keep remembering about the "Cylinder 8" issues from tunes back on the original Coyote motors and them voiding the warranty. I'd hate to cause an issue and void my warranty on a $60,000 car for a mod that it didn't really "need."

So, I guess my question for you guys is 2 fold:

1. Is there really a risk associated with the CAI/Tunes (from reputable manufacturers like K&N, JLT, BBK, etc.).
2. If not, does anyone have any recommendations on which one to go with?

Thanks in advance, guys.

P.S. I've attached some pics of the car, along with some aesthetic mods that my wife got me for my birthday.
I heard gt 350s can use a k&n cai without a tune. Though if tuned you'd get better results... I myself would end up tuning it anyways... Even if I had 800 hp...
https://www.americanmuscle.com/kn-se...1517gt350.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome