Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - worried about everything on my 15 ecoboost. Opened driver door a bit too wide...
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2017
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ecoblack View Post
I am paranoid about everything on my 2015 Mustang. Its the nicest car I have ever owned, and I aim to keep it that way. Today, I opened the driver door a bit too wide. I didn't hear any cracks or creeks, should I be worried about any damage to hinges or springs, or did I get lucky? The door opens and shuts normal, it was dark already, so I'll check in the morning to see if the door is still sitting straight, I'm pretty sure everything is okay, I just worry too much when I have nice things. Thank you guys for your continuing advice.

Are you joking with the post or nah? Unless you slam the door or basically open it and keep pushing it past where it wants to stop I don't think you can do damage to it. I mean I guess if you open it into a nearby object that would do some damage, but what your described, which I am not sure I know completely, you didn't and can't do any damage that way...

Don't worry so much you still have a bumper to bumper warranty and then an even longer powertrain warranty that covers all the major stuff. So enjoy the car!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome