Ford Mustang Forum banner

Steeda Jacking Rails

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  hlh1 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Just thought I'd share a mod I installed that will make your life a lot easier for those who plan on doing your own maintenance. Steeda Ultralight Jacking Rails. Took about 15 minutes. No worries about hitting the factory cutout jacking holes or damaging your pinch welds. Super lightweight and work great. I'm changing my own oil and rotating the tires and these work great with placing your jackstands. $130 from LMT.

#2 ·
Padded rubber jacking plates?

Hey guys. Just thought I'd share a mod I installed that will make your life a lot easier for those who plan on doing your own maintenance. Steeda Ultralight Jacking Rails. Took about 15 minutes. No worries about hitting the factory cutout jacking holes or damaging your pinch welds.

L looked these up at: Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) | 555-5205 | Free Shipping!

They are made of anodized aluminum and the "installation info" notes say:
"Note: Jacking rail powder coat is only designed to withstand vehicle jacks with padded rubber jacking plates. Surface damage can be caused using other jacks available on the market."

Unfortunately, it sounds like it would damage the aluminum jacking rails if I had a flat tire and used the non-padded jack that is in the trunk.

Pink Bumper Vehicle Wheel Automotive exterior

#5 ·
L looked these up at: Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) | 555-5205 | Free Shipping!

They are made of anodized aluminum and the "installation info" notes say:
"Note: Jacking rail powder coat is only designed to withstand vehicle jacks with padded rubber jacking plates. Surface damage can be caused using other jacks available on the market."

Unfortunately, it sounds like it would damage the aluminum jacking rails if I had a flat tire and used the non-padded jack that is in the trunk.

View attachment 482018
I've jacked mine up aa couple of times, it might have scratched the rails, idk. I installed them not to damage the car and make it easier to do maintenance

#3 ·
I installed mine yesterday. Installation was an absolute breeze.

My jack and stands don't have a soft coating, so I'm looking for something to cover the yokes with, and I'll keep a piece in the car for any instance that I have a roadside emergency.

Worst case, they're easy to remove, and could probably be coated with spray-on bedliner.

JR

#13 ·
Yes they do. I bought mine on their black Friday sale but they are under my Christmas tree :(

#10 ·
Just another attestment to the quality and protection from these jacking rails. They were the first thing I installed and already save my ass. It's super easy jacking up each side of the car. Even had an accident when the car slipped off the jack when I was lowering it, and caught that side of the car's full weight on the rail - instead of putting the jack through the floorboard, the rails saved it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.