Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - SSBC power front disc vacuum booster issue
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2017
67moneypit
PONY Member

I know you have bled them repeatedly, but your issue still screams of air in the lines/master. I have had cars that fought me like no other. The method I like, is to take a clean, dry clear water bottle and a length of vac line. Put about an inch of brake fluid in the water bottle. When you crack open your bleeder valve, put one end of the hose in the water bottle (make sure the end is submerged in fluid so it doesn't suck air when you release the brake pedal) and the other end on the now-dripping bleeder valve. Press and release the pedal until the water bottle is near full. Make sure the master never runs out of fluid as well. I usually do this two or three times, starting at the wheel furthest from the master, and working my way closer. This method hasn't failed me yet, and you can do it by yourself.

- Scooter
1968 Mustang. 351w, T-5 Five Speed, 8.8, 3.73 trac lock rear end. Power, four wheel disc brakes, (CSRP up front, 8.8 discs out back) Shelby Drop...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome