Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - SSBC power front disc vacuum booster issue
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2018 Thread Starter
poqman
Apprentice

Garage
I'm still looking for that BB size bubble of air hiding in my brake system somewhere. I'm literally touching every component and trying to figure if air could be hiding in it. Which brings me to the distribution block. Since my Mustang has the SSBC front disk brake/rear drum conversion kit, the plumbing has been changed from factory. The MC rear brake reservoir goes directly to the proportioning valve and then to the rear brakes. (Note: I had to break the fittings on the proportioning valve before I could get a gravity bleed to the rear wheel cylinders.) The front disk brake reservoir goes to a distribution block where 3 of 4 plugs are used and one is capped. One inlet goes from the MC and then two outputs to the left and right caliper. So my question is what's inside the distribution block? Is there a piston like in a proportioning valve that could be hiding air inside to the plugged outlet? Could this block be replaced by a simple T block?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-11_10-08-41_753a.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	587362  

1966 Mustang 2+2, A code, AOD AT, PS, PDB, AC, Pony deluxe interior

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome