Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Starter/possible ground issue. Help!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2018 Thread Starter
ThaRobFather
Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
Starter/possible ground issue. Help!

What's up everybody.

I was busy messing with some audio stuff today and unfortunately ran into an issue. I got everything installed correctly, and went to reconnect the battery to test it all out. All good and everything was solid. I then decided to test out a couple old lights i was planning on wiring up. I just used some clamp wires to test then, but one of the clamps popped off the positive light terminal landed right on the negative battery terminal. Of course it sparked and the lights died, etc.

NOW FOR THE PROBLEM. The interior lights arent coming on when the doors are open, car wont start, radio wont come on. I checked the fuses and theyre all good. I BET that its a ground issue, but Im not exactly sure where to start looking. If anyone has an idea of where to start or if you think Im an idiot and its not a ground issue, any help is appreciated

Thanks guys!
-Rob

09 Mustang 4.0. Too much to write down. Looks and sounds like a GT500 for half the cost and a quarter of the horsepower!! Currently working on a junkyard turbo build and an 8.8 rear end swap.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome