thank you guys so much for the replies. Turns out I lucked out and the problem had the simplest of solutions. I tested the battery and it just so happens that it was almost completely dead. I guess it was just a coincidence that it died right after I was testing out the lights and messing around with the car. I guess the negative to positive touching actually had nothing to do with it at all. I recharged it tonight and the car fired right up. Talk about feeling like a complete [email protected]
SO KIDS MORAL TO THE STORY IS ALWAYS TEST THE EASY SOLUTIONS FIRST BECAUSE I LOOKED FOR BLOWN FUSES AND BAD GROUNDS FOR A WEEK ONLY TO FIND THAT MY DEAD BATTERY WAS THE CULPRIT!!!
Once again, thanks for the replies anyways guys!